30. Apr 2024, 19:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Autor Thema: Does Iron Hills need 1 more Hero and who should he be!? :)  (Gelesen 18310 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Does Iron Hills need 1 more Hero and who should he be!? :)
« Antwort #45 am: 29. Okt 2015, 19:40 »
I like the idea of the heroes having multiple roles, you got my support for that. Since our hero is a messenger; I think Galabi would suit best, although Amrad sounds nicer in my opinion :/.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #46 am: 29. Okt 2015, 20:45 »
I am glad you like it but I think we should wait for Ealendril or some other Member of the Team to say what they think before we continue discussing on that matter! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #47 am: 29. Okt 2015, 21:43 »
I can't say no to that :P!

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #48 am: 1. Nov 2015, 00:24 »
- I think that it is very selfish of the ET [...]
- respect to their fans not to even try something to show their thanks to our support [...]
- not even willing to please the community with a compromise to implement thise movie design [...]
- all I am trying to say is that we support the edain team a lot,we help them fight mods that stole their ideas but they won't even do something for their community
- as little as to add a movie design to show their greatfullness towards their fans

what the F...?!?

- it would be selfish if they´d make the mod for themselves and never release it. Be gratefull they don´t! (even that wouldn´t be selfish, as it´s simply everyone´s right to do what he likes...)

- you should say thanks for all the work, definitely some hundreds of hours of work in their free time without any payment!

- they please us by letting us play this absolutely great mod! And they implemented hundreds of features of the movies, just not every bit. Remember there are people who don´t like all parts of the movie (especially the Hobbit). How would they please those players?

- what kind of support do you actually provide? Do you think this equals to the huge amount of work, the team members put into making this mod?

- if it´s such a little job, why don´t you do it for yourself? It´s done in 2 minutes, isn´t it??

Sorry guys, but that had to be said...

Now back to topic:

How about a female dwarven hero? Dain´s wife for example or Drar´s and Murins sister, something like that.

I was just thinking about the part in the extended edition of Lord of the Rings 2, where Gimli talks to Eowyn about female dwarves (it´s correct that you don´t meet so many femals dwarves... the story of dwarves being born out of the earth etc.) and Aragorn making that joke about female dwarves having beards...
It´d be nice to have a female dwarven hero - of course with a beard  ;) - as the missing hero along Iron Hills.

She could get support hero role:

She should build up a bar/ an Inn where she sells food and drinks to the dwarven units and she would therefore be a stationary hero, a bit like Bombur only permanent.
The use of her skills should cost some money and of course have some cooldown:

- Food: dwarven bat gets fully healed and dead soldiers revived

- Drinks: dwarven bat gets +10% speed and +10% damage permanently

- move the bar to some other place. Some dwarven workers should appear to move the furniture... that costs money

- bouncer: the bar will be defended by 2 dwarven guards

That was just some spontanous idea which needs more thinking (names and price of the skill, design etc.), but it´d be more unique and funny then just another "normal" hero.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #49 am: 1. Nov 2015, 13:42 »
The idea of Female Dwarven Hero while sounding interesting I do not see it fitting and especially for Iron Hills which is one of the Strongest Military in his Time,if a Female Dwarven Hero is used I can see it more for the much smaller Ered Luin! :-)

But I actually do not see it fitting for the reason that Female Dwarves are really rear treasures which the Dwarves kept out of any kind pf harm and battle due to their incredibly low numbers! :-) And another thing is that Female Dwarves never had any.significant role in Tolkien's Middle Earth nor even in PJ Movies ,in fact the only female Dwarf Name we know is that of Thorin II sister Dis and even so she remains only a name,and another thing we know about Female Dwarves is Gloin wife being quite a beauty by Dwarven Standards!

So all in all I really do not see a Female Dwarven Hero really fitting but this is my personal preference sobif many other fans like then I will.have no problem using it! :-)

Hope you didn't misunderstood me! :-) Greetings! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #50 am: 1. Nov 2015, 13:58 »
agree with dain

Aule the creator

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #51 am: 2. Nov 2015, 01:44 »
how about nain and gror  (**) (**) (**) [uglybunti]

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #52 am: 2. Nov 2015, 01:49 »
No Aule, they are both dead and so should not be included

Aule the creator

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #53 am: 2. Nov 2015, 03:17 »
well for this poll i guess u could say that but durin can bring them back with ring

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #54 am: 6. Nov 2015, 06:54 »
Hello to all yet again! :)

In the other Thread "Iron Hills Hero Roles Adjusments" we decided to make "Narin" the Role of a Hero Supporter!So about that I will post my suggestions for abiilities for him so that we can dicuss then and develop them better because ,well I suck in making Hero Ablities  [uglybunti]

LV 1 "Messanger of Iron Hills/Dain" - ""Narin is the Messenger of Dain,traveling fast with his Comapnions to deliver any messege his Lord gave him and traels around Middle Earth gaining Expirience from different Cultures -Upon activation Ally Heroes in the Vicnity of Narin gets 15% Speed and Earn 10% more EXP for 20 Seconds"

LV 5 - "Narin Companions" - "Narin alwasy have Companions with him for Extra protection to make sure he delivers the Message,Narin Summons 3-4 of his Companions around a selected friendly Hero to preotect him (either till they die or for short amoun of time like 20 seconds) "

LV 10 - "Threat for War" - "Narin threatens everyone who shal stand in his path with War/Battle - Heroes in the Vicinity of Narin gain 20% DMG and 10%% Attack Speed and Fear and Knockback resistance for 30 Seconds" OR "Enemies within close range to IHs Heros near Narin get Fear Effect and lose 15% Armor and 15% Speed"

I hope that together we can make him good enough for Edain to like and use ,as Ealendril himself said he likes the basic diea but we should polish it,let to this Edain Companions! :)

We should also decide upon a Designs/Look for "Narin" so that we may suggest to the Team a fully polishe Concept for a Hero! :)

This is my suggestion of how "Narin" should look...

With this as his Weapon(Note: Not the Crossbow beacuse IHs already has a Range Hro with Short Bow,Drar)...

While the other Pictures of Heroes I suggest to be used for his "Narin's Companions" Ability if the Ability is Approved by the Fans and by the Team of course! :)

Greetings adn best regards to all Edain Companions! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 07:09 von LordDainIronfoot »

Dainironfootironhills

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #55 am: 6. Nov 2015, 10:14 »
I do like those abilites Dain,but I would like to add one say L8 or 10 perhaps

CAPTAIN OF IRON HILLS:Narin is the loyal and trustworthy captain of Dain's elite 500 and thus summons 5 battalions of movie design dwarves...2 battallions with broadsword and shield,two battallions of pikes and shield and one battallion of veterans which have more unique armor and no helmets and a two handed axe!

So for narin I thought of this http://media.slidedb.com/cache/images/members/1/762/761504/thumb_620x2000/10904426_445940672224644_4123242065774834123_o.1.jpg

I really think this is a great compramise to implemant the movie design fot movie lovers beacause if you don't like them you don't have to get narin...so because we feel an extra hero unit is neede a think this is the perfect chance

Please tell me what you think

Greetings from the Iron hills
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 10:30 von Dainironfootironhills »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #56 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:11 »
Hi there mate! :)

Now you see Narin is supposed to be Hero Supporter so giving hi ma Army Summon Ability is not so much a Hero Supporting ability :) Look into the idea of te 50 0Veterans being Slayers in Dain LV 10 Summon but narin I think doesnt need a Summon! :)

Look my friend I know you like the Movie Models and belive me but I like them probably more than you and have "fought" for them for like almsot 2 Yeasrs,I had created Many Threads about them and Possible OCmpromises for them,other Fans here did so too,but Edain Team was crystal Clear many times that they simply do not like the Models and do not have the Motivation to make them and use them,so after bitter fights Wedcided to clos that chapter and respect the Team opinion on the Matter! :) Now I will not try to stop yuo from suggestign things about them but just listed to expirience! :)

Narin as Hero Supporter and representign a Messenger doesn't need so much Heavy Armor any  way and he is not Captain but Messenger!: )

I hope you wll unestand me properly! :)

Greetigns! :)

Dainironfootironhills

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #57 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:26 »
Ooohhh no worries I understand but would a captain be suitable for Iron hills
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 11:34 von Dainironfootironhills »

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #58 am: 6. Nov 2015, 18:04 »
I support LordDainIronfoots Narin concept, because it is well elaborated and also the design proposal is fitting.
BUT I am against the suggestion to give Narin the possibility to summon any of these movie dwarves.
Greetings
Maraelion

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #59 am: 6. Nov 2015, 18:15 »
No worries my friend I explained to my other self why the Summon is not suitable for Narin who is Hero Supporter! :-)

EDIT: Since around a week ago Ealendril suggested that we could change the Name of "Narin" with some Word or Expression in Khuzdul,here is the Khuzdul word for Messenger "Amnan" or Ümnan" I guess it can be used,but I personally have become very fondof the name "Narin" and would like to stick to it but if the Team Decides another then no problem for me! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Nov 2015, 10:00 von LordDainIronfoot »