29. Apr 2024, 19:59 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Autor Thema: Erebor Scout Hero  (Gelesen 11981 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Erebor Scout Hero
« Antwort #15 am: 11. Okt 2015, 12:26 »
Then he should be known as Bilb the High (if you get what I mean)!!  [uglybunti]

Now weed jokes aside! ;)
If Dori and Nori are made Erebor Scouts I suggest for them to use their BotFA Clothes like this...

I just couldn't find better Image of Nori in his Erebor Outfit! :( For now! ;)

And if by any chance the Team desides to give them Heavy Armor in some way!

The only thing that bothers me is that their Weapons which are Two Handed Maces just doesnt seem as a Scout Weapons or logical to carry around when you need to run like hell around the Map  [ugly]

If some one has suggestions for their Weapons being Axes,Short Swords or anything more apropriate feel free to share them here,I hope! :)

Greetings! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #16 am: 17. Okt 2015, 02:15 »
I love that you guys want to put old Bilbo in a scholar position/theme in my favourite faction, Imladris, but I think he should not have spellbook related powers. Even as a scholar, writer, and poet, Bilbo doesn't have any power or knowledge about elven magic, so I think he should stay away from the spellbook. Leave the spellbook for the sages and mages of Imladris.

I suggest instead that he could be a building feature instead of a hero, by buying an upgrade you could get Bilbo wandering inside Imladris castle or around the Library building (or whatever building he would be attached to) and by selecting him or the part of the building he ought to occupy you would have access to his power(s). I suggest for those to be primary minor Hero Supporter abilities with the theme of singing or reciting poetry or Ian Holm's voice saying something about the history of Middle-Earth. I remember reading in Fellowship that Bilbo often presented his literary works in Elrond's Hall of Fire to elves' delight. To be sure, Bilbo's abilities should be minor.

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #17 am: 17. Okt 2015, 03:18 »
On Nori and Dori, let's look on what we actually know of these characters in order to attest if they really are a good scout choice:
Tolkien gave little concrete characteristics to most of the dwarves, but we have a bit more of descriptions of their concepts from the movies.

What we have on them:

Dori

Nori

From the start, while reading the thread, I never thought the character of Dori (as I've read of him before and seen in the movie) could make a good scout. About that studio description of him, that was released in the early production of AUJ, and I think we should really disregard it. I don't see good examples to support the statement that he's "the strongest in the company", mainly with the comparison of Dwalin and Thorin kicking ass throughout the films. There's no relevant scene showing his supposed physical might, heck he doesn't even look stronger than the other dwarves, but I'm not saying he's weak either.
Even though he's older and thus probably more experienced and wiser than his brothers, Dori's main trait, beyond his pessimism, is being protective of others. In the book he's described as helping Bilbo and getting him out of harm's way. In the film this situation is changed a bit as he's shown protective of his little brother Ori, not Bilbo. But still, more than once PJ makes reference to his role in the book with lines like "I thought he was with Dori!", depicting like it's his responsability to care for the hobbit. There's another relevant trait of Dori, he's shown as being slower than the other dwarves, a trait that doesn't fit a scout at all, and which makes sense given his age.
It's mentioned in the film (and I think in the book too) that many of those characters aren't warriors, they are miners, tinkers, merchants, toy-makers and that there are only a few warriors amongst them, and I don't think Dori is one. If you ask me, he looks like a distinguished old fellow playing an artisan or merchant role in dwarven society, that's my interpretation of his general appearance and demeanor.

Still, I don't think that that's necessarily reason enough to get off with him as a scout, just that he should not be the lead scout, but that he should play the guardian role of the duo, as befits his protective personality

On Nori, well now there's a good one, it's stated in his movie profile concept that Nori is a shady dwarf, like a dwarven rogue, I should think. He's elusive and quick-witted, both traits that befit a scout. I would dare say that he's also wuick of pace, a good characteristic to get out of trouble when running from authorities. I believe Nori should be the lead scout using his two knives as in this poster art:

I really like the dwarven regal armours as well @LordDainIronFoot but, as you well said, they don't fit a scout concept. I for one wouldn't like to see these heroes wearing such heavy armor, at least not as scouts.
I hope that you guys like my input.

Aule the creator

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #18 am: 22. Okt 2015, 17:29 »
thror should be the king,  we already have king dain, i like iron hills king dain mor, i think thror from the movie would be nice [uglybunti]

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 22. Okt 2015, 17:33 »
thror should be the king,  we already have king dain, i like iron hills king dain mor, i think thror from the movie would be nice [uglybunti]

I sincerely hope that this is just a trolling joke.

Otherwise, watch out for the Wrath of the Moderator who created this thread, hoho96, Lord of the Dead City  :D

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: 22. Okt 2015, 18:29 »
Finally, we decided to include Old-Nori as a new scout hero for Erebor. You will be able to play him in the next patch 4.2. I do not want to reveal too much, let yourself surprise. And of course, Dori will also be used in some way. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Okt 2015, 00:16 von Ealendril »

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #21 am: 22. Okt 2015, 18:38 »

First this thread is about Erebor SCOUT hero. Your comment has nothing related to that.
Second Thror will NEVER be part of  any of the factions for reasons that has been said a billion time; Thror was already dead for 60 years at the time of the Hobbit, the Erebor faction is not even set at the time of the Hobbit but during WotR where Dain was the King and one of, if not THE, most important Dwarven figure at that time after Gimli.

Now I'm very tempted to delete your post altogether, since apparently you didn't bother to read the title of the thread in the first place, and I probably will later on...

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #22 am: 22. Okt 2015, 19:26 »
I have to say that after release of 4.2 , i am not going to play elves first ,, Really looking forwar to new addiction for dwarves. Keep up the good work Edain :)

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #23 am: 22. Okt 2015, 19:54 »
Yeah, @ringbearer hahahaha I feel the same. I was going to ask in moddb (because things there get buried easily) what people are going to play first in Edain 4.2
I myself think I'm going for Ered Mithrin first in order the to leave the best (and biggest) addition to the mod in the form of Lórien for later.
I'm also happy that the Team decided to implement Nori as the scout ^__^
Keep up the good work, guys, you're awesome!

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #24 am: 22. Okt 2015, 20:18 »
Great news, can't wait to see what you guys have done!  8-)

"That still only counts as one!"

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #25 am: 24. Okt 2015, 00:03 »
Finally, we decided to include Old-Nori as a new scout hero for Erebor. You will be able to play him in the next patch 4.2. I do not want to reveal too much, let yourself surprise. And of course, Dori will also be used in some way. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

Is breá liom thú, Edain Team!

What a good way to say something nice in a beautiful language! :)