10. Mai 2024, 10:46 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Autor Thema: Gandalf switching modes  (Gelesen 3670 mal)

SzmekNosiu

• Hobbit
Gandalf switching modes
« am: 2. Sep 2015, 16:19 »
Hi Edain team. I have an idea how to make Gandalf the white be more versatile hero. How about giving Gandalf a switching mode ability??? He would switch from staff to staff+sword. I was thinking about his new powers.

Staff mode(Saruman animations)
Magic blast(-50% range, -75% reload)
Revive(chosen hero after death will be revived immediately with 50% HP)
Magic shield(hobbit movie style) protects him and nearby units for 20 seconds
Gandalf The White(gandalf is shining and grants allied units with +50% to damage and scares enemy units
Shadowfax(mount/dismount) when mounted Gandalf revive ability is replaced with"White Rider" which gives him +100% to speed for 10 seconds
Saruman animation would fit perfectly for Gandalf with staff mode. Gandalf with staff is meant to be a support on battlefield, healing and giving morale to allied units and when there is a need to run, he can mount shadowfax and ride away

Staff+sword(current animations)
Lighting(the way it is currently)
Glamdring(+50% to attack speed and +50% to damage for 30 seconds)
Light of Istari(the way it is currently)
Word of Power(if it's posibble could you make it be less blue and more transparent?)
Shadowfax(mount/dismount, no additional abilities)
This Gandalf mode is a fighting one. Slower, but stronger, and more destructive.
I really hope that you like this concept. Gandalf is among the most important heroes in the game and one of the most favored I believe :)

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
Re: Gandalf switching modes
« Antwort #1 am: 2. Sep 2015, 17:11 »
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31680.0.html
Zitat von: FG15
We won't add designs, just for adding them. If there isn't a deeper purpose I don't see sense in including additional designs for a hero.
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Sep 2015, 17:16 von Skeeverboy »

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Sep 2015, 06:41 »
Is Hero Submod being developed for Edain 4? Maybe they can implement something like that, I don't know.

I had imagined stance-Gandalf differently, the stances being mounted/unmounted, Shadowfax occupies a whole power level in Gandalf's Palantir, and I don't think that's necessary.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Sep 2015, 14:14 »

The lines of the ET about possible changes for Gandalf, as the one that Skeeverboy quoted, are pretty lapidary and clear  :)
There are wise reasons behind them.

Gandalf was/is arguably the most iconic and powerful hero of BFME1, and of the BFME serie itself.
His characteristic and initial abilities are like an 'institution' for every game of this serie, a testament of the Glorious Past.
Also, the Edain Mod 4.0 exactly aims to primarily go back to the initial roots of BFME1, via its building system and other significant elements.
Gandalf's abilities won't thus be changed so easily.

As for what concerns your proposal, it wouldn't be really wise dividing Gandalf's staff from Glamdring, since they are both deeply part of Gandalf, being him the most 'active' and 'adventurous' among the Istari; Glamdring was also the legendary Sword of the Noldorin High King Turgon, something I would never do without  ;)

I had imagined stance-Gandalf differently, the stances being mounted/unmounted, Shadowfax occupies a whole power level in Gandalf's Palantir, and I don't think that's necessary.

The Mount must necessarily occupy a slot in the Palantír of powers of a hero, as it is a really useful tool which grants many advantages for each one benefitting from it.
And, again, Shadowfax was the most famous and iconic Mount of BFME1, I thus think that it shouldn't be 'reduced' as a stance as well  :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #4 am: 10. Sep 2015, 16:11 »
i think gandalf the white is ok as he is but gandalf the gray should not have the same lvl 10 and lvl 7 skill with gandalf the white

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 10. Sep 2015, 16:27 »
i think gandalf the white is ok as he is but gandalf the gray should not have the same lvl 10 and lvl 7 skill with gandalf the white

Ok, how many times did you repeat that, Gray?  [ugly]

I clearly understood your idea, but, as I and other users explained to you here and in other threads, there is no space for any change in Gandalf's abilities.
They are iconic and significant elements from BFME1, and won't be changed, as if they were precious 'antiques' of this serie's History and Past.

Throughout this forum, you will find clear statements of Ealendril and FG15, and, maybe, others from other Members of the Edain Team, concerning this matter.

The situation is clearly understandable and definitive, I guess  :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 13. Okt 2015, 12:22 »
All the proposals exposed have already been exhaustively answered, and, given the numerous statements of the Edain Team throughout MU about the possibility of effective changes of Gandalf Grey and White, I lock this topic.

If anyone want it to be unlocked, just contact me or hoho96, or other Moderators or Members of the Edain Team.
Even though, I have to say, as what concerns me, the chances of a reopening of this thread are quite low.

--- Locked ---