26. Apr 2024, 13:11 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Autor Thema: Installing the game and the mod on Windows 10  (Gelesen 22128 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Installing the game and the mod on Windows 10
« am: 20. Aug 2015, 14:32 »
Greetings, companions of the Edain^^

Put beforehand I don't have access to my pc since I'm on vacation, I'd wish to know: are there any problems and issues with the installation of the game and the mod on Windows 10? Because I saw a post by an user who was asking the same thing on ModDB, but I can't find its question with the answers of - I think - Gnomi and Ealendril anymore. And also, since I had to uninstall Daemon Tools to install Win 10, and I don't have a CD, how can I make the game start without it? (from what I read, Win 10 has the same problems Win 8 had when mounting virtual images)
I hope someone can help me^^

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Re: Installing the game and the mod on Windows 10
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Aug 2015, 20:27 »
Thank you very much^^
I'll test if it works as soon as I get home^^

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Aug 2015, 21:40 »
I can confirm that it is working. I'm using Alcohol 120%, but others have used Daemon tools.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #4 am: 28. Aug 2015, 16:19 »
It works perfectly, thanks^^
I've just finished a match against the Dwarves (they've been crushed by the White Hand  8-))
All you have to do is to install Daemon Tools 4.41 (or anyway a version before the 4.45), and then the image will work properly^^
So thank you again

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 4. Sep 2015, 17:22 »
It works perfectly, thanks^^
I've just finished a match against the Dwarves (they've been crushed by the White Hand  8-))
All you have to do is to install Daemon Tools 4.41 (or anyway a version before the 4.45), and then the image will work properly^^
So thank you again

It's my pleasure, I know I was a little upset when it asked for my DVD, there is no way I was going to always be using the disk when I wanted to play.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #6 am: 18. Sep 2015, 15:37 »
Greetings, companions of the Edain^^

I bump this post since there's a friend of mine who's having a lot of trouble in making the game to start. These are how he installed the game (under my lead):
1. Install both BFME2 and ROTWK with related patches 1.06 and 2.01 in Provvisory Mode
2. Installed DirectX 10
3. Tried to run the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP/7
4. Downloaded and used Turin Turumbar's Startup Fixxer
However, the game simply doesn't want to start. It always crashes on the startup, saying the infamous message "Battle for Middle-Earth has stopped working"
These are his pc components:
- GeForce GTX 970M
- Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6 GHz
- 16 GB Ram
- 64bit OS (x64)
Put beforehand this problem started occurring when he upgraded his pc to Windows 10, and it worked when he had Windows 8 (even if he needed to fix non starting games any time through the launcher), the question is: how can this problem be solved?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #7 am: 18. Sep 2015, 15:54 »
I have posted this multiple times already, maybe I'll need to make a sticky post for this.

This is an Intel Driver issue. The game is automatically launched with the onboard Intel Graphics Card on Intel/NVidia systems, since the game does not need any good graphics hardware. The problem is that the Intel driver is bugged and crashes the game. You just need to make sure in the NVidia settings that the game (game.dat and the games .exe) are run with the NVidia processor and not the Intel one, so that the NVidia drivers without the bug and the good hardware are used. The problem appeared after the Windows 10 Upgrade because the newer, bugged driver was then installed. Old (like 1 year old) did not have this issue, but are not supporting Windows 10.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #8 am: 23. Sep 2015, 14:48 »
That finally worked, thanks!!^^

However, there's another friend who's having the same problem. But I couldn't find a way to change the drivers used, because he has an Intel Graphics 4600 HD GPU, rather than an Nvidia one (he still has Win 7, though). Is there a way to change the drivers to be used through the Intel Control Panel, or does he have to upgrade his pc to Win 10?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #9 am: 23. Sep 2015, 15:31 »
If he only has an Intel GPU than he can't change it for sure, since there is no second GPU build in. But he can simply install an older graphics driver, since older Windows 7 drivers did not have this problem.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #10 am: 25. Sep 2015, 10:23 »
Sorry for my harassment, Turin, but I really don't know what else to do. So after the upgrade to Win 10, we tried to install the older Intel drivers compatible with the game, as you suggested. However, the installer always kept saying the computer didn't have the right requirements and therefore it didn't install the drivers. Then we tried to create a new profile for Rotwk on the Intel Graphics Control Panel without the 3D support (which I know it causes problems) but the standard configuration with 3D enabled kept overriding the profile. So I sent to my friend my Options.ini file, which is working,  and we managed to make the game start. However, as soon as a match begins (or even when accessing the custom heroes screen) the game still crashes. What can we do?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #11 am: 25. Sep 2015, 15:01 »
I thought he only had Windows 7, not Windows 10. As said before: You are fucked if you only have an Intel Graphics chips and no real graphics card and Windows 10. You wont get the game to work here, since the driver got the bug before Windows 10 was released and therefore every driver available for Windows 10 has this bug. You cant install an older, bug free, driver, because they are not designed for Windows 10 and only available for Windows versions up to 8.1.
So what can you do? Three things: Go back to Windows 7 and install an older driver. Or get a real graphics card. The Intel graphics card aren't even designed for gaming. Or wait for Intel to release a fixed driver, which most likely won't happen, since they are not interessted in a 10 year old game.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #12 am: 25. Sep 2015, 16:54 »
You are fucked if you only have an Intel Graphics chips and no real graphics card and Windows 10.
Don't know why, but this quote made me laugh a lot xD
Anyway, thanks for all your help. I'll try then to make him restore Win 7 (which is the most likely-to-do option)
Again, thank you so much for your availability^^

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #13 am: 20. Dez 2015, 18:20 »
Hi all, companions of Edain^^

Sorry for bumping this post again, but it appears Windows 10 is working relentlessly to make the game not working in some way or another. So here comes a new problem. After the last upgrade on Windows 10, I can't play in multiplayer with any of my friends. Before that, we were all using Gameranger correctly portforwarded. Now, despite the correct configuration, we can't play online because, at about 1-2 seconds from the game start, the game partially freezes, making impossible to move units or build anything, and also stopping any kind of weather or the unpacking of the camp. However, the mouse isn't blocked, you can still select units, buildings and buildplots, can open the menu and the spellbook (but can't buy new powers, because the main screen won't be refreshed) and another weird fact is that if one of the players quits the game, the other guy's game restarts working, though you can't access the game because you have the disconnected player screen, where you can kick it or quit the game by yourself. Also in the "semi-frozen state", even if you can access the menu, clicking the Exit button will lead to an endless loading screen, until one of the players doesn't abort the game

I think it's mainly a connection problem, because I noticed that with the Win10 upgrade most of the system files have been reset to default values, but since this is the first time we get this problem, I don't know what to do. Furthermore, the game works perfectly against AI, so I definitely think it's a Lan problem.

How can I solve this?

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #14 am: 23. Mai 2016, 21:11 »
I can confirm that it is working. I'm using Alcohol 120%, but others have used Daemon tools.
Where can I download either of these programs that is safe?