26. Apr 2024, 21:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Autor Thema: Allies from Dol Guldur as spell for MM  (Gelesen 9824 mal)

Tienety

• Gast
Allies from Dol Guldur as spell for MM
« am: 5. Mai 2015, 20:06 »
I have an idea for a new spell for the Misty Mountains spellbook and Wyrn spell will be removed.
Allies from Dol Guldur:

You can temporarily summon few groups of Guldur orcs and two Guldur trolls. This spell adds more movie atmosphere and will represent the alliance between orcs of the Misty Mountains and Necromancer from Dol Guldur in hobbit films. I think it's a good solution for integrate these Guldur trolls from the movie. ;)

What do you think?
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Mai 2015, 20:10 von Tienety »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: Allies from Dol Guldur as spell for MM
« Antwort #1 am: 5. Mai 2015, 20:21 »
I really want to see Azog The Defiler reaction. xD

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 5. Mai 2015, 21:50 »
Haha and here youll get it ;)

Love the idea!!
We were actually discussing something similar on the moddb forum^^

Anyways over there we thought of combining the wyrm and this spell, the wyrm erupts, and troops above are knocked back, and the wyrm goes back and the reinforcements arrive:D
This might be a little too much, but there are animations and material for pretty much everything of it. (Plus how awesome does that not sound^^)

And also, Gondor have Rohan reinforcements and elf reinforcements. I think the evil factions could also get more reinforcements from each other. I think it would add more feeling when playing them.
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Mai 2015, 14:21 »
I think that this is too much for one spell.
Maybe this Wyrm erupts could be a new ultimate spell. Dragon attack is not very interesting spell if you have Smaug as standard hero.

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 7. Mai 2015, 23:02 »
hmm, even if its a very high cost spell, like 15? isengard summon spell is 10 and for example mordor call the horde is 7, these spells a re pretty strong summons.
Plus none of the other summons are as unique as that:D
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #5 am: 4. Nov 2015, 21:14 »
I think it'd be nice to bump this thread, and see if there are any people here who agree with this idea. I think it's a pretty awesome idea, and I agree that it should be the last spell for the Misty Mountains. Dragon Attack is unnecessary since we already can build Dragons and Smaug, and this looks like a pretty good replacement.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 4. Nov 2015, 21:39 »
This is really refreshing (in terms of new troll models  ;) ) idea.
I am more for integration of this summon as power on lower level of palantir (something like vannila worm power). I really don't find this worthy as final palantir power, in other words, good enough to replace "Dragon Strike". As summon power this suggestion shouldn't be overpowered, is should be some summon of "medium strength", fitting for example  3th level of palantir powers (Something like eagles power), or maybe something of 2th level similar to "Mirkwood summon power" in Lorthlorien faction.

P.S. After all, in my opinion "Dragon Strike" as final power is still unique, no matter Goblin faction will have dragons or dragon hero as permanent units. It is maybe too much dragons in current ideas, but I don't find "Dragon Strike" power as redundant because of that situation. In my opinion it is more justified because of that. :) 
I presume it is matter of personal preferences concerning dragons. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Nov 2015, 21:45 von CragLord »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #7 am: 4. Nov 2015, 21:49 »
Hmm now I think about it, the summoning isn't very powerfull at all indeed. It really depends on how may Trolls and Orcs will be summoned; if it's only 1 Troll and 3 battalions of Orcs then it shouldn't be a high-tier spell, but if it's something like 3 trolls and 9 battalions then obviously it needs to become a higher level spell. How about we wait untill the Spellbook of the MM is published, so we can discuss about it then :)?

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #8 am: 4. Nov 2015, 21:54 »
I am completely against this idea.

Misty Mountains faction simply has NOTHING to do with Mordor or Dol Guldur. There is no alliance, no connection between them.
You could also implement Isengard reinforcements for Gondor, it´d be same lore contradicting.
If Sauron would somehow have started to debate with the Misty Mountains orcs, he´d rather have suppressed them under his control instead of helping them.

I know that in Hobbit Movie Dol Guldur under Saurons Power allies with Misty Mountains Orcs to attack Erebor... BUT we don´t have to make the same drastical mistakes like PJ just for the sake of having every bit from the movie in the mod.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 4. Nov 2015, 21:55 »
Yes, of course that is good idea to wait for Goblin faction, we are discussing in "blind" currently. [ugly]
Idea which comes to my mind is that this summon maybe could only contain those Dol Guldur Trolls. :) Something similar to Angmar's vannila power "Summon Giants".
Those trolls could be buffed a bit and have that nice movie design. I really like those spiked clubs, they are from vannila game and I miss them right now. This is good suggestion to put them back into this mod. :P :)

Edit: Kind regards to korner.
Will later answer to his comment. xD
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Nov 2015, 22:02 von CragLord »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #10 am: 4. Nov 2015, 22:00 »
Hmm it is indeed against the lore, like korner said. I think we can just call them Gundabad Trolls, and make them a summon without Orc-battalions like Crag suggested. This way we don't go against the lore, so no worries korner ;).

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #11 am: 4. Nov 2015, 22:06 »
Hmm it is indeed against the lore, like korner said. I think we can just call them Gundabad Trolls, and make them a summon without Orc-battalions like Crag suggested. This way we don't go against the lore, so no worries korner ;).
as far as I know, Misty Mountains will still have those "basic trolls" they always had (or am I wrong??).
Call them Gundabad Trolls and give them that armor upgrade + weapon (I also like that club, am using it for my CaH troll).
I think there´s no need to put them into a summon, just give the basic trolls that upgrades and it´s okay.
If the trolls will no longer be among MM, then one could talk about them being a summon (from Gundabad, not Dol Guldur!).

But: please spare us this suicide troll + "ram-troll" + troll with leg amputation

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #12 am: 4. Nov 2015, 22:11 »
That is indeed a great idea too. The Trolls can receive a similair upgrade like the Mordor Trolls, which gives them Heavy Armor and the club.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: 4. Nov 2015, 22:19 »
It is very reasonable. :) I agree with this, as Fredius have said, we should wait for Goblin faction and discuss properly. Also, one note, I think like dwarves, all 3 Goblin factions will share same spellbook, so this proposal of your have maybe more sense.
Hahahahah, you made my day! :D
This destroyed concept of movie, and nobody who cares about mod quality won't suggest those silly and sad things for integration.

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #14 am: 4. Nov 2015, 22:45 »
There won´t be 3 Goblin factions like among the dwarves.

You start as Moria and you can dig tunnels to Gundabad, Orktown (or another to Moria).

Moria will have
- cheap (free?) orks/ goblins
- trolls (basic troll like in lord of the rings 1)

Gundabad will have
- stronger orks and wargriders

Orktown will have
- orks/ goblins
- upgrades

So basically there are currently no Gundabad trolls.

But on the outpost you can build
- wargs
- trolls (here one could implement those trolls with armour upgrade + club)

Giants and dragons can be built on the bigger outposts (3 buildplots)