19. Mär 2024, 04:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Autor Thema: The ultimate spell for Arnor(Gondor+Elves army from epilogue mission)  (Gelesen 16239 mal)

Tienety

• Gast
I have an some ideas for better and more unique Arnor with greater role for Lindon and hobbits mini-factions:

1) New ultimate spell: Rescue of the Arnor:

2) New building for Outpost: Lindon fortress:

2) New Cirdan ability:

4) New building for settlement: hobbit farm

4) new hobbit scout

5) New roles for Aranarth and Carthaen:

So, Gondor/Arnor will have these roles for heroes:
Pippin/Bucca of the Marish - Scout hero
Denethor/Malbeth - Hero and unit supporter
Beregond/Araphant - Building supporter
Boromir/Arvedui - Tank
Aragorn/Aranarth - Hero killer
Gandalf/Gandalf - Mass slayer
Faramir/Carthaen- Unit supporter
Imrahil/Cirdan - Unit supporter

« Letzte Änderung: 26. Aug 2015, 18:13 von Tienety »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
I really like this idea. Elrond with golden armor and group of last alliance elves together with Gondor forces. :)
So little bit different effect than the last alliance spell for Imladris.
In addition, Arnor final spell will more correspond to Gondor final spell regarding of number of heroes and units. Currently Arnor is little bit underpowered with this spell. 8-|

CragLord

• Gast
Tienety, that is good idea! (Like most of yours.  ;))
Personally like Gondor/Arnor faction the most. Think there is generally a lot of place for improvement in Arnor faction. (Some models, concept art for some things, hero selection (from House of Isiuldur there is a lot more members which could be added for different roles in game), powers (as you mentioned), and many more things that should be in new thread of course).
Another indication that Arnor is  underpowered with this spell is summoned hero Eärnur, he has  about 4000 hp and 220 damage on aggressive stance with activated damage buff ability !!!!! If this isn't error in ability's description then he is useless, can't be used like hero killer or tank.  :o  [uglybunti] For last member of House of Anárion  and glorious general of Gondor this is unacceptable.
Agree with you about Elrond, he is only option for this power, but don't know about elven units which could be added there. (Talking from historical reasons, Glorfindel and Cirdran also could be included but they are already in Arnor faction, elven units  from Lindon and Imladris helped Arnor during war with Angmar, so elven units reinforcement in this spell could be interesting.)
Maybe is wise to wait for Imladris faction, and then talk about improvement of this spell.  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Jul 2015, 09:22 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Come to think of it it realyl is not strong enough for a Ultimate Spell,adding some Elves fits perfect since they Helped Arnor agaisnt Angma and will make the spell more worh it its points and will be more usefull I think!About the from where and how should the Evles look well may a Mix of few Elven Realm fro mthat time! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
Maybe also to add new sound effect for this ultimate power?
Currently sound effect is not even sound of Gondor's horn, and if in future elves will be added, we should have new sound effect for this power.
Btw, played as Isenguard against Arnor AI, and also found that power "The downfall of Andor" isn't too powerful against units. AI couldn't kill any single battalion of my army, spell have disable effect but not so much killing potential. Maybe to empowered this spell too?

Tienety

• Gast
Maybe also to add new sound effect for this ultimate power?
Currently sound effect is not even sound of Gondor's horn, and if in future elves will be added, we should have new sound effect for this power.
Maybe this sentence from Eärnur's speech:
"Together, Man and Elven will bring an end to the reign of the Iron Crown!"

I'm glad that you like this idea. ;)
I agree, Arnor needs a lot of changes and solve some problems as hero killer for Arnor.
Yes, Glorfindel is perfect fit for this ultimate spell. But unfortunately he is a standard hero in Arnor and probably will have same abilities in Imladris. I think that Arnor didn't need Glorfindel as standard hero, Arnor have their own hero with tank role. I think it would be better if hobbits and Lindon will have greater role in this faction.

I have an some ideas for better and more unique Arnor with greater role for Lindon and hobbits mini-factions:

1) New ultimate spell: Rescue of the Arnor

3) New building for settlement: hobbit farm

4) Galdor as new scout and new roles for Aranarth and Carthaen.

What do you think about this ideas? :P
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Jul 2015, 16:44 von Tienety »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
elrond should have the last alliance armor in the ultimate spell

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
I agree about moving Lindon onto the outpost; the current system is very nice and well thought, it has to be unique (i.e. only with Rivendell). The other stuff looks cool aswell.
Regardless, I don't think the team cares much about Arnor at the moment. It might be wiser to keep our ideas concerning Arnor for a more suitable time.

"That still only counts as one!"

Tienety

• Gast
elrond should have the last alliance armor in the ultimate spell
Yes, this is in my suggestion. ;)

I agree about moving Lindon onto the outpost; the current system is very nice and well thought, it has to be unique (i.e. only with Rivendell). The other stuff looks cool aswell.
Regardless, I don't think the team cares much about Arnor at the moment. It might be wiser to keep our ideas concerning Arnor for a more suitable time.

I'm glad that you like this idea. 8-)
Yes, they have a lot of other priorities for now like add four factions from 3.8.1.  xD
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Jul 2015, 19:35 von Tienety »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
So you are trying to solve these issues?
1) Missing hero killer in comparison with Gondor
2) Create something unique for outpost/settlement and not only copy of Lindon tower which will be the same for Imladris?
3) Change some spells in the spellbook (add heroes etc.) in order to better correspond with the whole faction and Gondor?
Yes, I completely agree, because it's conceptual. I have only one and crucial problem - Glorfindel, because according to lore, he is only one elf who really fits there and you want for him only spellbook role. Hard to say - honestly I don't know how to implement him better. :D

Tienety

• Gast
I have only one and crucial problem - Glorfindel, because according to lore, he is only one elf who really fits there and you want for him only spellbook role. Hard to say - honestly I don't know how to implement him better. :D

But Imladris is more suitable faction for Glorfindel. Many other heroes are fit to the more factions. For example, Gandalf is fit for all the good factions. But he is only as standard hero in Gondor/Arnor faction. :D

There are two problems with Glorfindel in Arnor:
1) He is the same abilities as in Imladris
2) Arnor already has a Arvedui with tank role

If I know Glorfindel came together with Eärnur to the help Arnor in book and campaign. I think that Eärnur and Glorfindel should be together in spellbook. 8-)
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Battle_of_Fornost

In addition, Glorfindel will still have a important role Arnor, but in spellbook. He can rescue the Arnor before defeat together with Elrond and Eärnur as in a book or campaign. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Jul 2015, 19:22 von Tienety »

CragLord

• Gast
Maybe this sentence from Eärnur's speech:
"Together, Man and Elven will bring an end to the reign of the Iron Crown!"

I'm glad that you like this idea. ;)
I agree, Arnor needs a lot of changes and solve some problems as hero killer for Arnor.
Yes, Glorfindel is perfect fit for this ultimate spell. But unfortunately he is a standard hero in Arnor and probably will have same abilities in Imladris. I think that Arnor didn't need Glorfindel as standard hero, Arnor have their own hero with tank role. I think it would be better if hobbits and Lindon will have greater role in this faction.

1) New ultimate spell: Rescue of the Arnor

3) New building for settlement: hobbit farm

4) Galdor as new scout and new roles for Aranarth and Carthaen.

What do you think about this ideas? :P

That is my suggestion and I tried to give objective answer to your post. :)
I will try to make some good topics in future about Arnor and changes I think Arnor deserves like Mighty Northern Kingdom and home of The House of Isildur.
I am starting with this one: http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31402.0.html

« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:15 von CragLord »

Tienety

• Gast
There is one problem, Aranarth was born long time ago after Araval death. So, they can't be together in the one faction. This is the same as for example Gimli and Bard in one faction. 8-|

But Gondor Army spell now summon 9 units and one hero. I think that spell with 9 units and 3 heroes is too much for one spell.  :o
In Addition, Rohan answers summons 6 battalion of rohirrim riders and 4 heroes(Merry, Eowyn, Eomer, and Theoden).

I think it is not necessary to add Lindon units to this spell. They are already integrated to Outpost.

This is my intention for Arnor:
Hobbit and Lindon as mini-faction only for Settlement and Outpost
Imladris and Gondon as mini-faction only for spellbook

I think that the current Cirdan's ability for Lindon Spire should to stay in Imladris.
But Maybe only Lindon Spire level 1-3 for Imladris and level 4 for Arnor's Outpost.

You're right, the spear is better for Mithlond riders. ;)

About Cirdan, yes maybe mount is not suitable for them.
Also, I noticed that he has ability "Journey to the West".  I think that this isn't fit at the time of  the fall of Arnor. This ability is more suitable in Imladris at the time of Lord of the Ring.

I have some ideas for Cirdan abilities in Arnor(he will be more offensive):

Level 1: Ring Narya (same as now)
Level 3: Quickly help for Arnor
Cirdan with his army rush to help Arnor. For 30 seconds Cirdan and Lindon units deals +25% movement speed.
Level 5: Healing Aura (same as now)
Level 7: Guardians of Lindon
Cirdan summon temporarily battalion of his best warriors. So, they will not be removed from Arnor.
Level 10: foresight (same as now).

If I know, Arnor has only three archer units in 4.1:
1) Arnor archers
2) Arnor rangers(two additional forms are just improvements for this unit)
3) Guardians of Lindon(this unit will be only temporarily in my concept)

Maybe they can have the passive spell in spellbook:
Support of hobbits :
Hobbits go to thhe battle against the enemies of Arnor. Now you can recruit Hobbit archers in hobbit farms and you can recruit Hobbit militia +25% faster.
In addition, Hobbit archers had an important role in the Battle of Fornost, I think they should be permanently in hobbit farm.

Maybe this hobbit hero "Tuk" can be new scout for Arnor and maybe he can summon this hobbit donkey riders. They are fit for the role. 8-)

Aranarth was Chieftains of the Dúnedain but after the destruction of Arnor kingdom. So, Prince form of Aranarth is fit for Arnor faction.
He should start as a prince but later to become Chieftains of the Dúnedain.
Similarly to Aragorn which start as Chieftains of the Dúnedain and later to become King of Gondor. I think that Aragorn and Aranarth can have same role - hero killer.

If Carthaen is dead, he should not be in Arnor as scout. I do not know, maybe Edain team used his character from game but they ignored his role no-canon role and death in the campaign.
Maybe Arnor does not need this no-canon character and Aranarth can have two roles in Arnor:
Aranarth(prince form): hero killer as Aragorn in Gondor
Aranarth(Chieftains of the Dúnedain form): units support as Faramir in Gondor

He can be available in Arnor fortress(only prince form) and you can use his Chieftains of the Dúnedain form only if you build Rangers camp.

Pippin/hobbit hero or Carthaen - Scout hero
Beregond/Araphant - Building supporter
Boromir/Arvedui - Tank
Aragorn/Aranarth(prince form) - Hero killer
Faramir/Aranarth(Chieftains of the Dúnedain form) - Unit supporter

What do you think about this ideas? xD
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Jul 2015, 13:29 von Tienety »

CragLord

• Gast

You have right, there is gap of 47 years bettween Araval's death and birth of Aranarth, so this is problem with Araval implementation, damn... (But still think that sometimes timeline shouldn't be satisfied.  :D )

P.S. Gimli and Bard lived during same period, Gimli was 19 years old when Bard was born, or he was 98 old when Bard died, so I don't see there any timeline problem.  :P

Ok, I admit. I was greedy about that ultimate spell.  :D All because I really like Arnor faction. :) Still, I think that there should be then Gondor Knights (3 battalions) and 3 more elven infatry battalions.(Some of Imladris infantry units is better in my opinion then lancers. :) ) But as I said, 6 battalions of cavalry can also pass.  ;) (Because of Gondor comparison your suggestion have advantage.)
You have right about Lindon's units, they are integrated into that outpost.

Yes, I know and complete support give about that.  :) (If that wasn't so obvious from previous reply.  :)  )

Agree, with that idea about Lindon Spire for Imladris and it upgrade process. LvL 4 Spire is for Arnor, that is also where we agree. (I posted that also in previous reply. :) )
That idea about changing Cirdan's ability "Journey to the West" is justified, totally agree with you. 
Cirdan's set of abilities you suggest  is very nice and I like it. (New change is on right place, and we keep that requirement for palantir usage on lvl 10.)

Ok, I made mistake, counted all skins, and in that count are 5 different skins or 3 model units without hobbits.

This is very nice, and I am for it, hope that in future this changes gonna be accepted. :) Lore is on it's side, so I really can't complain about this idea, btw I like it. :) (Because that power slot is nicely used.)

Nice again. :)  He was know like rider, horse rider? So this idea have a nice Lore basic concept.
So far me agree about almost everything:
Lindon part, Lindon's units, Cirdan, This new Hobbit idea about unlocking archers and milita buff and new scout Hobbit hero. (Fool of a Tuk will need new thread about his tuning.  :D)
Ultimate help power is something we have little disagreement, but it isn't something serious.  xD (Few battalions of difference. :) )

My post starts here:

« Letzte Änderung: 25. Jul 2015, 03:05 von CragLord »

Tienety

• Gast
You're right, Aranarth should not have option to choose a his destiny. This is against the lore. But I think he should have both forms(the main function of these forms will be Toggle Weapon). Problem is just a name for rangers form. This form can have a new name "Leader of rangers". His role will be hero killer in both forms. :P

I have an idea for abilities of Aranarth:

Prince of Arnor form(weapon: sword):

Level 1: Charge of Prince (something like blade master for Aragorn)
For 30 seconds Aranarth deals +100% attack and +25% attack speed

Level 3: Mount/Dismount

Level 5: Leader of rangers
Arannath is becoming a leader of rangers of North
Switches to his rangers form.
Now rangers can gets improvements: The Faithful of Aranarth

Level 7: Hope of the Kingdon(same as now)

Level 10: Aid of the Prince(same as now)

Leader of rangers form(weapon: bow):

Level 1: Deadly marksman:
Enemy hero dealing a smaller damage. Also, Enemy hero moves slowly for 15 seconds.

Level 3: Athelas (same as now)

Level 5: Prince of Arnor
Switches to his prince form

Level 7: Hope of the Kingdon(same as now)

Level 10: Aid of the Prince(same as now)

S, Aranarth will be in Arnor fortress and Carthaen in rangers camp. Carthaen will stay in the mod. He can have the same role as Faramir in Gondor. ;)
I think Carthaen for is better for Arnor than dead Araval. xD

Also, It is a one lore problem with Bandobras Took. Bandobras Took was born long time ago(Almost a thousand) after Fall of the Arnor. [ugly]
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Bandobras_Took

Old Bandobras Took model in Arnor can have a new name: Bucca of the Marish
He lived at the time of the Fall of Arnor. Also, He became first Thain of the Shire. 8-)
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Bucca_of_the_Marish

Pippin/Bucca of the Marish - Scout hero
Beregond/Araphant (New nice royal model) - Building supporter
Boromir/Arvedui - Tank
Aragorn/Aranarth - Hero killer
Faramir/Carthaen- Unit supporter
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Jul 2015, 10:51 von Tienety »